Tuesday, January 18, 2011

3 day weekend

We had a very busy three day weekend, and packed a lot in. Here's a little smackrel of the good parts:

Friday night was Bunko night. Snacks galore! I fell off of the wagon of healthy and nutritional eating, and gave in to the bounty of snacks that were provided. I payed dearly for it the next day by way of an awful stomach ache. It was great to see all my friends, but sadly I did not win a dime. Some person came in right at the last second and slapped her card down with 17 losses. 17!!! How dare she! I thought I had it in the bag with 15. That 5 bucks was mine! I'm never speaking to her again. Tia however, walked off with close to 5 million dollars. Well - it was probably more like forty, but after my crushing loss, it seemed like 5 million.





On Saturday, we started our day with Carter's basketball game. They wore white jerseys this week, which Carter felt made all the difference in his game. "Last week I didn't make any baskets, and this week I made three. I think it's because I was wearing the white jersey Mom . . ."  Yes Carter, I'm sure that's why.



The cheering section!



The brothers of the players, VERY into the DS . . . . . I mean the game.


After the game, Coach Chad awards stars for stellar play. I think they're BOTH excited about Carters performance! Way to go Cobras! You rocked those white jerseys!





After Carter's game we headed up to watch our niece Megan perform in a Cheerleading competition. This is what we were hoping to see: (Megan is 4th from the left).


 Sadly, the school gave out incorrect information on their performance time, and we arrived RIGHT after they were done! BOO HISS!!! However - the girls still won, despite the fact that we were not there to cheer them on! Way to go Matson!



After the cheerleading competition snafu,  Grammy and Papa took the boys for the night. So, Chris and I went out for an evening on the town! Our first stop was dinner. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Joey's at South Center. I ordered the chili chicken. YUM!! SO GOOD!


It was the first meal I'd eaten all day, after recovering form the binging I did the night before at Bunko. It was good. I ate it all. I mean it - all of it. There wasn't even a grain of rice left.


After dinner, we went to see the movie The Town, with Ben Affleck. It was good, and not your usual Shanna movie theater movie. There were no vampires, and it wasn't a romantic comedy. I think I'm really growing as a person. I mean, I've even seen the King's Speech! What's happening to me??? Come on Breaking Dawn . . . . . . come out already . . . . .




Sunday morning we slept in until 9:00! NINE!!! Can you believe it?? That's what it must be like for those people who don't have kids! Ahhhhh, so nice. So, once I was up and Adam,  it was right back to organizing and purging unnecessary items from the Welch house hold. Project Basement and Playroom Cleanse - CHECK!


Check out all that stuff I packed up for the Goodwill!!!  So much of it was total crap, that I can't even believe we had in the first place, but I must tell you - I'm LOVING this! I am the anti-hoarder. There really is nothing like organizing. It makes me feel empowered and energized. What a rush. I rock my O.C.D. 



Sunday evening was Papa's 21st birthday party. (hee hee). We had the whole family over to celebrate with dinner, presents, and cake!


 There are so many of us that the kids had to sit up at the bar. I don't think they mind.


Here's everybody else. Chris' grandma Nanny, his sister Mindy, and her two boys Cameron (on her right) and Tyler (on her left). Then of course, Grammy, Papa, and Chris. Look at that sad empty chair next to Chris. I wonder who was sitting there . . .


 Papa reads Carter's hand made card.


 We gave Papa the board game Last Chance. It was introduced to us by our dear friends and neighbors. It is so fun, but they don't make it anymore!!! RUDE!!! I had to hunt down a few used ones on amazon. We bought one too!


Make a wish Papa!!!


With no school on Monday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr., the boys and I decided to go down to have lunch with Chris. See his office building back there? It's the one with all the windows. He's on the 5th floor. The 5th floor . . . . .  clearly he's very important. 




After saying good bye to Daddy (somebody around here's gotta pay the bills) the boys and I decided to take in a movie at the dollar theater. Their pick? MEGAMIND. I was actually thinking I was going to hate it, but it was really cute, and very funny. Jackson and Carter liked all the music. It was total old school, AC/DC, Guns and Roses, and Micheal Jackson just to name a few.


All snacked up, and ready for the show to start.


After the movie, we had to head home and get Carter ready for basketball practice - and get back to reality. Ugh! Dinner, homework . . . . all that jazz. I think I need a vacation form all this vacation!

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your blog - and ALL your photos, of EVERYTHING!!! I just love it!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle J, I was going to say it was you who introduced us to Last Chance, but I wasn't sure you'd want me to name names, but I guess I just did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY MY you had a busy week! Quite eventful to say the least. I loveee reading about what you get up to each week. You have a wonderful life!

    Im laughing (loudly) after reading your delight of lying in till 9am. Shanna, welcome to my world :) I get up at 7.30am Mon - Fri for work but Sat and Sun I usually get up at 1pm or 2pm LOL I adore my bed!

    ReplyDelete