Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Better late than never!

Some suprise Christmas gifts came a little late this year! My dear friend Aoife (pronounced Efa), a divine Irish lass whom I met on facebook, sent some spectacular Christmas treats to America for me, and ALL of my family! The package was delayed a bit by international post, so it was Christmas in January!  I met Eefie (as we like to call her) through Holly. All of us were brought together by our mutual love of  Twilight and Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen. The three of us have become wonderful friends! Eefie is even FB pals with Marci! Look at the fantastic things that facebook has brought into my life! Well, she showered us (Holly and her family as well) with treats. Just feast your eyes! 



Here is one of the SPECTACULAR things that Aoife sent me! OH EDWARD! I wasn't quite sure what it was for, so I decided to use it as a holder for my phone. Lucky phone! It's gets a loving hug form Edward every time I put it away! I'm green with envy.



Now this is a treasure! Sweet Aoife sent all three gals (Holly, Marci, and I) this beautiful necklace! HOW SPOILED ARE WE? It's a Clada pendant. They are very Irish - just like our Eefie!! I am so lucky!





My absolute FAVORITE gift was an autographed poster of Aoife herself! She is a very talented singer in Ireland, and performs under the name of Cherry. Only her very close, personal friends (such as myself) call her by her real name! Wink wink! Look how cute she is!


 I put the poster up above my desk, with all of my other beloved items that are special to me. That way, when I walk into the office I get to see her smiling at me everyday!


She did not forget the Welch boys! Chris got this delicious box of chocolates . . . . .


 . . . . . and Jackson and Carter got Monopoly! How did she know we're a board game playing family?


Last but not least, she spoiled Marci and Ken! Here's Grammy with all her loot! Look at that BEAUTIFUL scarf! It was hand made by Aoife's mama, Maria. Holly and I have one too! They are perfection! Grammy also got a CD of some famous Irish songs, and Aoife singing a few tunes herself!  Let's load those up on our ipods! Ken got chocolates - how appropriate. Ill bet they're gone already!


The better late than never gifts were rounded out for me when my Flight of the Conchords BBC radio 3 CD set that Grammy ordered for me for Christmas FINALLY arrived via the UK! I could not have been more thrilled!



So, lucky me! Gifts from Ireland AND New Zealand AND all on the same day!?!?! What more could a girl want? Thank you, thank you Aoife! YOU are the greatest gift these American girls could ask for! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. I want a friend like Aoife!!! She rocks!!! So neat that you have this close connection. =) And, on another note, you might want to browse Amazon for cell phone cases (the kind that attach to your phone). I saw one yesterday of the Vampire Guy that you like - it was for a Droid2 phone, but never know, they might have the same for your phone. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shanna! You truly are Bananas!!! I can't believe you blogged about every detail! You lunatic :D
    it was that longs since i mailed the package that even i was surprised at the photo of the contents! I had forgotten a few items LOL

    I should have said, the little Twilight sleeve is called a cell phone stocking. They are quite popular here. They keep your cell from getting damaged whilst looking pretty cool at the same time :D

    I wish you would blog about all the amazing gifts you have sent me! Your followers need to know what great girls you, Hol Hol and Marci Pants are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What! I was right? It really was for my phone!! I am SO SMART! ;-)

    ReplyDelete