Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The first week of 2011

 JANUARY FIRST















We always ring in the new year with a family slumber party at our house with the Bococks. We stay home where it's safe and have a traditional dinner of Cheese fondue, followed by the kids favorite, CHOCOLATE  fondue. We usually put the kids to bed and watch a movie. This year it was Vampires Suck. I know what you're thinking. WHAT??? Shanna wouldn't  let anything in her front door that even suggested that vampires suck. I'll tell you here and now - I loved it! It was HYSTERICAL! We always watch the ball drop and the fireworks at the needle before heading to bed. On January 1st, Tia and I go shopping ( I bought 2 new tops!) and the Dad's watch the kids. HOW NICE! All of us usually meet up at the dollar theater to watch a movie. This year it was Secretariat.   It was a great movie, but a bit slow for the kids. We ended our night at Round Table Pizza - Chris' favorite!  Thanks for always spending the new year with us Bocock family!


JANUARY SECOND




January second was "lets' get organized" day. I went through both boys closets and removed clothes that were too small. Some of Jackson's old stuff went straight to Carters closet! We ended up with 3 big boxes of too small stuff for the Boyd boys! I love organization!!!


JANUARY THIRD


On the 3rd, it was time to get cracking on my Christmas thank yous. It seems like the written thank you is becoming a dying art form, but my mama raised me that no gift goes un-thanked! Plus, everyone likes to know that what they have done for you is appreciated! Thus, the thank you is very important.


JANUARY FOURTH

Tuesday, the boys went back to school, and it was time to attempt to get back into shape. I have been instructed to take it easy, but I feel it's necessary to be as fit as possible before going under the knife - ugh. So, I went to the pool to swim a few laps. It's been a while since I swam, but I did alright. When got home and threw my wet suit on the floor . . . . HORROR!!! My suit was falling apart, and right at an embarrassing location!

                                      
 DO YOU SEE THAT HOLE?????


Well, needless to say - I needed at new suit. Swimsuit shopping is horrifying, but doing it right after a 2 month holiday eating binge is just about the worst thing I can think of, and "SWIM" suits, as in suits designed strictly for swimming are beyond gross, and totally unflattering. This is the only one I found in my size. Nice isn't it? BARF! I mean, look at the tag . . . . . it really says it all!




JANUARY FIFTH


Still wanting to keep up with my exercise, but also recovering from publicly exposing myself at the pool, I decided to head down stairs, in the privacy of my own home to walk not run on my treadmill. Boo-yeah!



JANUARY SIXTH



Holly has asked me embark on one of her favorite adventures this year, Project Life. It is a year long "memory" book  where you take a picture a day (if you choose), and document your life each week. I went over to Holly's house to get my book all set up, AND in addition to being ready-set-go with my Project Life book, my BLOG was born! Thank you Holiday! Look at me go . . . . . . on both!



JANUARY SEVENTH


 The first school week of the new year comes to a close, with the highly anticipated wacky hair day. Carter chose the 3 way mohawk, while Jackson went for the single. Nice.



JANUARY EIGHTH 


Carter has his first basketball game of the year. He didn't get any baskets ( which was VERY devastating to him) but we went out to lunch afterward to celebrate anyway! GO COBRAS!!!!


JANUARY NINTH



Dave and Tia invited us over for dinner at their house. We had delicious tacos, and visited while the kids played the Wii. We rounded out the evening with ice cream sundaes, my first indulgence of the new year. It was a great way to close the first week 2011! I can't wait to see what fun and exciting things will happen next!



5 comments:

  1. Look at you go, woman! I am impressed! My favorite part? The new swimsuit with the "ugly" tag. Now that is awesome. My least favorite part? The realization that I have yet to properly via handwritten card thank you for Cole's bday present back in December (and possibly Caden's back in November...did I send a thank you for that one?) At any rate, I am a terrible person, but YOU are an amazing blogger! (I knew it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, amazing boy closets with matching hangers and clothes facing all the same way.

    Second, not saying you did poorly, just taking your cue that you are not in love with your new suit, so head over to speedo.com and buy a new one. I love mine - can't go wrong with Speedo.It is truly worth every penny spent.

    Third, you ROCK the treadmill - so stylish in your awesome studio!!

    Fourth, your boys are adorable even on wacky hair day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanna, personally I love your new swimming suit! IT's sooooo my style, wacky, colorful and slightly OTT!
    I cant believe you have a gym in your home, WOWWWWW!!! I go to the gym daily, i wouldnt have room for a treadmill!

    Keep blogging please :) Maybe this week my bloody package will arrive and you can blog about that?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little comment about thank you notes...I agree, VERY important! It is definitely something people are neglecting to do unlike how we were raised. The last three weddings I went to I never received a thank you for the gift. Now I'm not sitting by the mail box waiting, but it would be nice to know if they even received my gift, especially when you order online and send it! You know they take all that time to let you know where they are registered, it would be nice to get a thank you! You can't forget family either! I saw a family member with her stack of wedding thank you cards and I never got one!!!I HELLO... I threw the shower and was the photographer!!! Anyway, I appreciate YOU Shanna for always taking the time to send a thank you!

    ReplyDelete