Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A DRAWER A DAY

Just a quick little note here (sorry, no pictures!) On my quest to cleanse this house of clutter and rubbish, I am reminded of a wonderful organization tip I heard once, and I want to share it with you all. I can't remember where I heard it, so sorry for not giving due credit to whoever gave me the idea, but here goes. It's a very simple concept. A drawer a day. Choose one drawer, any drawer in your house - and clean it out. It happens very quickly, and once it's done you have a wonderfully clean and organised drawer! If a drawer a day seems to overwhelming (Holly) then try a drawer a week. Today I did the junk drawer in the kitchen. Try it folks, you just might like it!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea!!! Perhaps are you "nesting" for your upcoming surgery by doing all this deep cleaning stuff? Not a bad idea, just hope you are not over doing and finding time to rest up too. Hugs my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do Americans also have a junk drawer???? LOL. Mine is sooooo messy. I just might have to clean it when i get home from work

    ReplyDelete
  3. A drawer a week? That sounds difficult. How about a drawer a year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely nesting, or I just need something to keep my mind occupied. Aoife - we do! At least everyone I know does. And Holiday . . . you can rest on the couch with a diet Coke while I organize your junk drawer. I know how quickly all this becomes overwhelming for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete