Sunday, January 23, 2011

A star is born!


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is coming to Lake Wilderness Elementary school. The school production was looking for actors, and Carter decided he MUST be an Oompa Loompa. This meant TRYOUTS!! 90 children wanted to be in the play, and there were only 32 parts AND only 8 of them were Oompa Loopas! The competition would be fierce! Carter practiced his monologue all week and the time finally came for the big audition. 


Carter talked with Ms. Cragar and Mrs. Starr before he went up to knock their socks off. He was ready!



The prepared monologue was a speech given by Mike Teevee from the movie. Carter did a GREAT job! He was loud, and annoying - just like his character from the movie. I was very impressed.



Then - a curve ball!!! He had to sing! This was not in the plan, but he did great! He listened to the ladies sing the selected song through once, then sang it by himself - without any mistakes! Again, I was very proud.




Now all that was left for us to do was WAIT. We were told we'd hear by Monday night, if he made the cut. Ms. Cragar would be calling the lucky kids who made it over the weekend.




Before leaving for basketball, we saw that we had a message on the machine. It was from Ms. Cragar!!!
CARTER MADE IT! HE IS OFFICIALLY AN OOMPA LOOMPA!!!


We went out to lunch to celebrate after the game. Carter got to pick where he wanted to go, and OF COURSE he chose Taco Bells. That's how he says it - Taco Bells. Way to go Carter! We are so proud of you!!! One day, I hope to be your date to the Academy Awards.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure he will be the best oompa loompa ever. I can't wait to see pictures of him in his costume. He'll be adorable, I mean a total stud. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Carter! Chad is going to be so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh I am so glad for little Cartman! This is sooooo cool. A Star is born! Make sure you record the whole thing and stick it on your blog please

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Great job Carter!!! We hear the Oompa Loompa song a lot lately because Daisy is learning it on the piano! We'll be thinking of Carter when we hear it now! So you went to Taco Bells to celebrate, but you have KFC cups..hmmm...mysterious.....one of those dual restaurants? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep Amy. It's a KFC & Taco Bell in one! I'll have to get that piano book for Carter!

    ReplyDelete