Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Artsie Fartsie

Last week I went in and did the art docent lesson for Jackson's 5th grade class. Our featured artist was French Impressionist, Camille Pissarro. The title of the print: Le Bassin Deuquesne - whatever that means.

 
Here is a photo of the painting that was to be our inspiration.


I chose to do a tear art project, being that our past lessons included supplies like water colors, oil and charcoal pastels. I wanted to mix things up a bit. We used tiny bits of torn paper to replicate the chunky brush-stroke style of Impressionist paintings. This is the example that I made to bring in and show the class.


Here is the complete finished work from the class. It was a fun, messy and time consuming project. We used the full hour. Jackson's is the first one in the second row from the top on the far left. I really like how they all look so different.  I'd like to give a shout out to Holly for giving me the idea to post this. I never would have thought about it, but seeing her post of the art docent project she did for Cole's' class made me think - I had to do it too!

1 comment:

  1. These turned out so great! Nothing evil or crazy! VERY good!

    ReplyDelete